Stuffed Bell Peppers with Yellow Saffron Rice


Tonight I made the best dinner!

I just love eating these peppers!
Makes 2 meals

2 Lg Green Bell Peppers- (I love the green peppers the best, I love that bold flavor)
1 bag of Yellow Saffron Rice ( Small bag of Mahatma Yellow Rice)
4 tablespoons of Santa Barbara Mango Peach Salsa (2 Tbls per pepper)
Salt and pepper to taste

Start the rice first: Follow the directions on the bag of rice. Takes about 20 min.

While the rice starts cooking:

Cut the top of the bell peppers off so you can stuff them. Put them in a large pot and cover with water. Boil them for about 20-25 min. They should be real tender by then. Carefully, and I repeat, carefully remove them from pot as not to tear them. Place standing up on a plate. When rice is done, using a spoon, carefully place cooked rice into the pepper ( gently packing the rice in as you go. When rice is to the top, place 2 tablespoons of Mango and Peach Salsa on top of the rice. Take a knife, cut the pepper in half...add a liitle more salsa on top of each half of yellow rice. The plate is really pretty!

Goes great with a red wine of your choice. Serve with a salad! Great dish! Let us know how it turns out for you. ooohhh lala... Enjoy!

Comments

  1. A very nice sounding stuffed pepper recipe. I have never cooked my peppers before stuffing them, always do in the oven, but this would make a quicker take on a nice side dish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sometimes am not in the mood for meat with my dinner. This is so fast and delicious! Cqn't wait for you to try it and let me know what you think! Thanks for the comment!

    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mom's recipe was rice and hamburger mixed and stuffed then she would spread tomato soup on top it and bake them it was really yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My mom did something very similar to that also...but I like to try all kinds of different taste...it's just so good! Thanks for your comment!!! Appreciate it!

    Cathy

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment